How To Block Someone On Facebook – Facebook is among the world’s most known social media. A lot of users have been asking questions on how to block someone on Facebook. If you have been looking for the steps on how to do so, this content will enlighten you on how to go about that.
On Facebook, there are lots of reasons that will make you want to block someone. You may have come across people that disturbs you and users with fake profiles trying to scam you. The good thing is that you can block these people.
See What Happens When You Block Someone On Facebook
When you block someone on Facebook:
- They will not be able to check your profile or even see your posts
- The blocked user will not be able to locate your profile if they search for it
- They can not send you any message on Facebook Messenger.
- When someone is blocked, they will not be able to add you as their friend.
- More also, they won’t be able to tag you on a post, poke you, invite you to any event, or even communicate with you.
To be able to block someone on Facebook is a very effective way for you to protect yourself from harassments, and also people you don’t want to interact with. On Facebook, you can block someone conveniently using both your mobile app and your desktop with a preferred web browser. See the steps to do so below:
How To Block Someone On Facebook Using A Computer
- Log into your Facebook account
- Visit the profile of the person that you want to block. You can search for them on the search box by just typing their name, instead of scrolling through your friends list.
- When you enter the person’s profile, tap on the three dots that you will see close to the message icon.
- It will display a list of options then hit on block.
- You will see an option telling you to either continue with the blocking or to cancel, then click on the confirm box to continue. The person will be blocked once you have done this.
How You Can Block Someone On Facebook Via Mobile
- On your mobile device, open Facebook app and log in to your account
- Click on the search box on top to search for the person instead of going through your friends list. You can do this by typing the person’s name in the search box
- The search will show you the results, click on the person’s name to go to their profile. Then click on the three dots close to the message icon.
- It will display a list of options then hit on the block button.
- You will be asked if you want to cancel or continue with the action, click on the confirm button to continue and the person will be blocked.
Following the steps above, you can conveniently block someone on Facebook.