How to Delete Kik Account – If you have made up your mind to discontinue using your Kik account, a good option which you can take up is to delete your Kik account. After considering doing this, how do you delete the account then? In this content, I will be taking you through the easy guide you can follow to delete your Kik account through Kik app and using a web browser.
Before we proceed, I will like to give you an insight into what Kik is all about? It is an instant messaging platform which makes communication very easy. Kik app offers several features to facilitate conversations between its users all around the world. The features which Kik makes available for its users ranges from being able to share videos, photos, and lots more to allowing its users to communicate on the platform without having to share their phone number. Kik also has good privacy features which ensures that the platform is safe for its users. This includes being able to block users and the ability to delete messages on the platform too.
Deleting Kik Account Permanently
Regardless the fact that one can delete Kik account with ease, it is very much important that one put this action into proper consideration before going ahead to do so. This simply implies that deleting your Kik account is quite irreversible and your account definitely gets deleted permanently.
When one is in the process of deleting Kik account, the app provides warnings and confirmation steps for users to understand that this action is quite irreversible. Upon the confirmation of the deletion, there is basically no way to get it back. Kindly see below for how you can delete your Kik account.
How to Delete Kik Account on Kik App
- Open the Kik app on your mobile device and log in to your account
- Click on your profile icon which is located at the right corner of the screen
- Select ”Your Account’’ from the options that displays. At this point, you may need to input your Kik account password
- Select and click ”Reset Kik’’
- Furthermore, a confirmation prompt will show up and inform you that resetting your account will delete your messages and contacts permanently. Then click ”Yes’’ to proceed.
- Input your email. At this point, Kik sends you a link to get your account deactivated on the email associated to your account which you entered.
- Click on the link and that takes you to a web page which confirms your account deactivation. The moment you are done and your account is deactivated, you will be logged out of your account.
READ ALSO: Update Telegram App – Telegram App download
Deleting your Kik Account using a web Browser
- With your web browser, visit Kik account deletion page which is https://ws.kik.com/delete
- Then input your username
- Furthermore, input the email that is associated to your Kik account
- Also, provide a reason why you want to delete your Kik account
- Read the instructions shown to you, lastly click ”Go’’ and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
With this easy steps you can delete your Kik account at any point in time although it is important that you put this action into consideration before attempting to do so.