Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC, Delaware Tech, or Del Tech) is a public community college in the U.S. state of Delaware. Delaware Tech is an open admission institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The college offers more than 100 associate degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs. Of these programs, 48 are accredited degree programs with articulation agreements with 61 other higher learning institutions.
It is the only community college in the state. The four-component campuses that make up the college are the Jack F. Owens Campus in Georgetown, Delaware, the Stanton Campus in Stanton, Delaware, the Charles L. Terry Campus in Dover, and the Orlando J. George, Jr. Campus in Wilmington, Delaware
Description Del Tech
The Delaware General Assembly created Delaware Technical Community College in 1966 with the approval of House Bill 529, signed into law by then-Governor Charles L. Terry, Jr. The first Delaware Tech campus opened its doors in Sussex County in September 1967 with Dr. Paul K. Weatherly serving as the first president. Three hundred sixty-seven students enrolled in the first year. Enrolment doubled in the second year, and the construction of new laboratories and classrooms began.
The Southern Campus was renamed in 1995 to the “Owens Campus” in honor of its first campus director, Jack F. Owens. In 1968, a Northern Campus was opened with 375 full-time students enrolled in the first year. A multi-campus facility was created, and the Stanton and Wilmington locations were opened in 1973 and 1974, respectively. With a Delaware Tech campus in both Sussex and New Castle Counties, it was determined that 47% of high school juniors and seniors in Kent County said they would be interested in a Kent County branch of Delaware Tech.
In response to this need, Kent Campus was established in Dover in 1972, and the name was later changed to “Terry Campus” in honor of Governor Charles Terry, who was a motivating force behind the establishment of the College. The President’s Office, located adjacent to the Terry Campus, functions as a central office by providing various services in support of the campuses.
Del Tech Campuses
Below are the names of campuses in Del Tech
- Charles L. Terry, Jr. Campus in Dover – It was named after Governor of Delaware Charles L. Terry. The 265,000-square-foot (24,600 m2) facility is on a 112-acre (45 ha) property, in northern Dover.
- Owens Campus in Georgetown. It has 147 acres (59 ha) of land.
- Stanton Campus in Stanton, an unincorporated area (Newark postal address)
- Stanton Gymnasium
- Orlando J. George, Jr. Campus – Wilmington
- Middletown Training Center
How to Sign up for Del Tech
Kindly follow the steps below to sign up for del tech
- First visit the official site of del tech https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/registration-information/register
- Click the button above to go to the MyDTCC Student Information System
- Click on My Student Profile (if you are not automatically directed there)
- Click on the Registration and Planning link on the left navigation menu
- Click on Register for Classes
- Select a term and click Continue
- Select Subject, Course Number, and Campus, then click Search
- Review your search results and click Add on the right to add the course to your cart (to add another course, click Search Again)
- Make sure to Click Submit in the summary plane to move the class from Pending status to Registered status
How to log in your Del Tech
Follow the steps below to log in your del tech account.
- Click to open the del tech login page https://sso.dtcc.edu/adfs/ls/?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn:edu:dtcc:cas:login&wctx=e0d274d9-3931-4453-83a8-5fda078c8cfd
- Next, enter your del tech username you used in registering
- Put in your correct password
- Click sign in
Note, if your have If you are having problems with your password, please visit the Forgot Your Password page or call the IIT Help Desk at 302-857-1700.
Del Tech Courses
There are lots of course to study in del tech, I will mention few and you can as well use the link below to visit the site and see other courses that may interest you.
- · Accounting
- · Advertising Design
- · Agribusiness Management
- · Architectural Engineering Technology
- · Automotive Technician Studies
- · Automotive Technology
- · Aviation Maintenance Technology
- · Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- · Baking and Pastry Skills Certificate
- · Baking and Pastry Skills Studies
- · Biological Sciences
- · Biotechnology
- · Building Automation Systems Option
- · Business Administration Transfer Option
- · Cardiovascular Sonography
- · Chemical Process Operator
- · Chemical Process Operator Certificate
- · Chemical Process Operator Studies
- · Chemistry
- · Chemistry Math Concentration
- · Civil Engineering Technology
- · Civil Transfer Option
- · Communications
- · Computer Aided Drafting Design Technology
- · Computer Engineering Tcy Option
- · Drug Alcohol Counseling
- · Drug Alcohol Counseling Certificate
- · Early Care and Education Birth to Second Grade
- · Early Childhood Development
- · Early Childhood Studies
- · Electrical and Computer Engineering Transfer Option
- · Electromechanical
- · Electronics Engineering Tcy
- · Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Option
- · English as a Second Language Certificate
- · Entrepreneurship
- · Entrepreneurship Certificate
- · Environmental Engineering Technology
- · Exercise Science
- · Food Science
- · General Airframe Maintenance Certificate
- · General Business
- · General Powerplant Maintenance Certificate
- · General Studies
- · Geographic Information Systems Technology
- · Health Information Management
- · Histotechnician
- · Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- · Hospitality Management
- · Human Services
Read on with this link https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study
Del Tech Application
To apply for admission to Delaware tech kindly use the link to continue the process. https://banner.dtcc.edu/dtcc/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
Where is Del Tech Community College?
The Owens Campus, known as the birthplace of Delaware Tech, is centrally located in Georgetown, the county seat. Sussex County is a rural area covering 938 square miles, nearly half of the state of Delaware.
What GPA do you need for Del Tech?
A student shall have graduated from a Delaware public or Delaware non-public high school with a minimum cumulative average of either 80 or higher on a 100 point scale, a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale as indicated on the student’s official high school transcript, or a letter grade of C+.
How much is tuition at Del Tech?
Local tuition 4,945 USD, Domestic tuition 11,808 USD
Is Del Tech Online?
Delaware Tech offers a wide variety of internet-based courses that you can complete without disrupting your busy work and home schedules
Also Read >>>> Glasgow Christmas Market Review | When Glasgow Christmas Market Start