How to Recover Deleted Messages On Facebook Messenger – Ever click on the delete button mistakenly, the first statement that comes to your head goes something like “Oh no, I shouldn’t have done that.” It happens to everyone and deleting messages is one of those horrific moments.
Because of recent privacy updates, messages on chat apps are not stored on the network servers making retrieving a deleted message way harder. However, there are a few efficient tricks to it.
Recovering Deleted Messages on Facebook Messenger
Before you go on with these processes, verify that the message was deleted. You might just have archived the message and it’s still on your device somewhere.
To find archived messages on Facebook messenger; use the search tab by typing in a keyword related to the message. Your archived message should appear if it’s there.
Ways to Recover Deleted Messages On Facebook Messenger
The Other End Of the Conversation
Deleting a message on your side of the chat screen doesn’t mean you deleted it for everyone. Except you are the sender and the recipient did not read the message before your deletion action.
So just ask the person at the other end of the conversation to check for the message(s).
Downloading Your Data On Facebook
Most people only use this option when deleting or permanently closing their Facebook account. It’s also very helpful in cases like this.
- Sign in to your Facebook account. Better you do this via a computer hence using Facebook web given how large the file you are about to download can be.
- Visit the Hamburger menu at the top right corner. Then click on “Settings”. Just hit the “Settings” icon at the top right corner if you are using the Facebook web.
- In the Settings menu, select “Your Facebook Information”.
- Next, choose “Download Your Information”.
- On the next page, I suggest you leave only the “Messages” tab on check unless you would like to download all your Facebook data i.e posts, comments, and so on.
- Download the file once it’s ready to be downloaded. Facebook will email you via your Facebook email address informing you the file is ready to be downloaded.
You can then check your messages on Messenger to find your deleted messages.
Third Party Apps
There are third-party tools that can help find deleted items on devices. The main issue with these apps is that they might contain malware that can be very fatal to your device.
There are lots of apps in this category i.e GT Recovery, Recycle Bin, Dumpster, and so on. Try reading the reviews and researching about these apps before moving on to download any of them.