How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts – Mistakenly deleted a Facebook post and you really need it, don’t be disturbed, you can retrieve it. An average Facebook user posts on Facebook almost every day, tallying up the number of posts you’ve made on Facebook.
With these high numbers, there is the risk of deleting one of your Facebook posts whether mistakenly or due to a moment of weakness you had. Below are the various ways to recover deleted Facebook posts easily.
Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
Note that some of these methods will work and some would be useless. That’s why there are a lot, try out all until you find one that works.
Do you use an online backup service? If yes, you can definitely recover your deleted or lost Facebook photo or post from here. Google, iCloud, or maybe you went for a less popular type of back-up service, just open the service and check the photo section to recover your deleted media content.
Facebook Activity Log
Facebook also has its own in-built backup services. This trick only functions with the Facebook app and as such you can’t recover photos with this guide through the Facebook web version.
Your deleted Facebook post would be here 30 days after deletion.
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to your account.
- Go to your Facebook profile page and hit on the three dots just (ellipsis) below your profile picture tab.
- Select “Activity Log” from the list of options on the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose “Trash” from the menu at the top.
- Select a post you wish to recover and hit the “Restore” button on it.
Posted Someone’s Content – Find the Original Content
If you posted someone’s post or repost as it is called these days, you can just find the original post since you are not the first to post it. Track the post back to where you got it from by using the Facebook search tab.
You can use check the profile of the Facebook user who posted it or use keywords relating to the post to track it down.
Photo Recovery Tools
There is a lot of this software around, the issue is there are only a few that works with Facebook. If you can’t get one that works with Facebook, get one that works with your device.
This way the tool can retrieve deleted pictures on your device including the ones you mistakenly deleted after posting on Facebook.
This is the last but not the least option on this guide. There is a higher probability you find your deleted Facebook post here than the Facebook activity log especially if you deleted the post directly from your Facebook newsfeed.
- Sign in to your Facebook account and navigate to the hamburger menu options.
- Go to “Settings” > “Account Settings”.
- Select “General” thus redirecting you to a new page.
- Scroll down and click on the “Download a Copy of your Facebook data”.
- Confirm your identity by entering your Facebook account’s password.
- Tap on “Start My Archive” and select an email to get the download link when it’s ready preferably your Facebook email address. This way all you can download all your Facebook info including your deleted posts.