Get the Disney Plus on Apple TV and watch your favourite videos, episodes, events, and drama on your Apple TV. There are two ways to get Disney plus on your Apple TV. And both methods to get Disney Plus on Apple TV including a new Apple TV and old Apple TV will be discussed.
For an Apple TV that can download and install the Disney Plus app, it’d be easier to set up the Disney + streaming platform on your device. On the contrary, to get Disney Plus on old Apple TV you might need to cast the Disney Plus to your old Apple TV using your phone.
Meanwhile, to get Disney Plus on Apple TV in a region where it’s not allowed required you to make use of a virtual private network, popularly called “VPN.” It’s also worth noting that after the Disney Plus free trial you then need to subscribe to a Disney Plus plan to continue using the service both on your old and new Apple TV.
Disney Plus Compatible Devices
The following smart TV and streaming devices support Disney Plus.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- LG TV’s
- Chrome OS
- Amazon Fire Tablets
- Android Phones & Tablets
- iPhone and iPad
- Xbox One
How to Setup Disney Plus Account
First, you need to set up your Disney Plus account. You can start with the Disney Plus free trial and upgrade to a paid version once the free trial expires and you can cancel at any time.
- Go to the Disney Plus sign up page on your iPhone/iPad or computer.
- Start with a Disney Plus 7 days free trial and upgrade to a paid service later.
- Provide your email as the login and the corresponding password to access your Disney Plus account.
- Sign in to your email address to confirm your registration. Once the registration has been confirmed you will be redirected to your Disney Plus account.
How to Get Disney Plus on Apple TV
Here is how to get Disney Plus on a new Apple TV to watch your favourite shows and episode at home and with your family.
- Switch on your Apple TV and press the “Home” button if you are not on the home screen yet.
- Navigate to the “Apple Store” using your remote control.
- Search for “Disney +” and select the Disney plus app from the search result.
- Tap on “Get” or “Download” to download and install the “Disney Plus” app.
- Launch the “Disney Plus” app and tap on the “Sign in” button.
- Enter your username and password. However, if you are asked to go to disneyplus.com/login begin, just do that on your phone or computer browser and enter the Disney Plus activation code.
How to Get Disney Plus on Old Apple TV
The Disney Plus app cannot be installed on your old Apple TV. However, with your iPhone or iPad, you will be able to cast your iPhone/iPad screen to your Apple TV.
You need AirPlay to complete this task on your old Apple TV. However, your Apple TV and your iPhone must be connected to the same network.
To watch Disney Plus on your old Apple TV follow the steps below.
- Go to your iPhone/iPad settings >> Wi-Fi and make sure your phone and your old Apple TV is connected to the same network.
- Launch the “Disney +” app on your iPhone.
- Search through the app for the movie to watch and start streaming.
- Locate the “AirPlay” icon to the right corner of your iPhone/iPad.
- Find and select the name of your Apple TV.
How to Download Disney Plus Movies
It’s quite simple to download the Disney Plus movies and watch them offline. To achieve this, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the “Shows/movies” you want to download and watch offline.
- Click on the button to show the movies/show.
- Click on the “Download” button that is next to the Disney Plus show or movies play button.
- The Disney Plus movies will enter into the queue section and once the download is complete you will be able to watch the show or movie offline.
How to fix Disney Plus not Working on Apple TV
After successfully installation and activation of the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV and it fails to work, below are what to consider to fix the Disney Plus not working on your Apple TV.
- Check out to know whether the Disney Plus server is down.
- Watch another show to know whether the current show has been pulled down.
- Switch from high streaming quality to lower streaming quality.
- Log out from your Disney Plus account and re-login to your account.
- Reset your WiFi or broadband.
- Cold boot your Apple TV.
- Clear the Disney Plus app cache
- Update the Disney Plus app to the latest version.
- Check and update your Apple TV firmware to the latest version
- Remove and reinstall the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV.
- Change your Apple TV DNS settings.
- Reset your Apple TV.